Goa is a dream tour plan for every student during their graduation. Nonetheless, Goa is a perfect holiday destination in south India with hidden tourist attraction serving for romantic travelers and honeymooners. The host of interesting places to visit, right from sun-kissed beaches to forts, wildlife, flea markets, adventure games and much more. Here’s a quick guide to the very best of Goa to have all the parties and fun.
Best beaches to visit:
Goa is most visited for its beautiful beaches. Goa’s long beaches spread along the 105 km coastline, creates all the party vibe and sets you high on adrenaline with water sports.
- Calangute Beach: One of the most popular beaches in South Goa in the town of Calangute, which is famous for all the water sports like Jet skiing, catamaran sailing, banana rides, surfing, parasailing and paragliding. All these water games are started from the mornings till evenings except during the rainy and windy days. Also, this is known as the queen of all beaches.
Sinquerim Beach: One of the best beaches for adrenaline junkies for water sports like parasailing, snorkeling, scuba diving and much more. It has an attractive backdrop of historic Fort Aguada, sets to blow your mind with ecstasy.
Baga Beach: It’s one of the busy beaches in North Goa with water rides, eateries, bars, nightspots and festive atmosphere. Britto’s at the northern end of the beach is a famous shack.
Vagator Beach: Goa’s most famous open-air clubs is the Vagator beach. It’s also known as Vagator Thalassa – on the cliff overlooking Ozran Beach which sells yummy Greek food. It is so popular that it is almost always full, so you need an advance booking for this one.
Anjuna Beach: Anjuna is a picturesque beach famous for its trance parties and also hosts flea markets to purchase products from all over the world.
Palolem Beach: Palolem is a hot party destination. It is a stretch of white sand lined with palm trees and colorful wooden shacks and is known for its “silent discos” where partygoers wear headphones.
Colva Beach: This is known for its serene beauty and a lot of water sports and thrilling activities. Jet skiing, paragliding, snorkeling, motorboat and speed-boat rides are the eye-catching items.
Mobor Beach: this beach is regarded as the noisiest and crowded beach of Goa. Water sports like jet-skiing, water skiing, banana bump rides, windsurfing and parasailing. Apart from these water sports, one can also enjoy biking. There are food stalls called “shacks” which provide tasty food to the visitors.
Candolim beach: It is famous for its peaceful and serene environment. Also, for the interest of adventure, Candolim beach never disappoints, right from water skiing to parasailing and windsurfing. This beach is perfectly suited for fishing as well
Miramar Beach: the beach was originally known as “Gasper Dias Beach”, after Gasper dais, a prosperous landlord. Miramar beach attracts both family and young people for a morning jog or an evening walk along with rising and setting of crimson sun. It’s also popular among those spending their honeymoon in Goa.
FOR THE ENTIRE SCUBA DIVING LOVERS: Scuba diving brings that refreshing feel all by imagination itself. So, some of the major scuba diving locations at Goa are–
Grand Island: It is one of a kind of experience to have with diving and snorkeling activities. With a depth ranging from 7-20 meters, the place offers some great spots to choose from. It is just located offshore to Vasco De Gama and is only one hour long ride away, depending on the type of boat you choose to travel by.
Pigeon Island: Pigeon Island had some excellent scuba diving activities for you to try. It is located on the West coast off Murudheshwar, the island can be reached by taking a 1-hour boat ride from Murudheshwar in Karnataka ad is 100 km away from Goa. If seen from above, the island would appear to be heart-shaped, which is the reason for being fondly called as “Heart of India’s diving”.
Malvan: Often compared to the beautiful island of Tahiti, Malvan is a fantastic experience or Scuba diving. A 2-hour drive from Dabolim Airport (Goa), Malvan has it all.
Sao Gorge Island: This is located just 25km from Goa and can be reached within one and a half hours by boat. For the first time scuba diving experience people, Gorge Island is the ideal place as the dives here are all shallow, ranging from 4metres-15metres.
RESTAURANTS AT GOA:
From river-side restaurants to candle-lit fine dining, Goa is no lack of restaurants for a hearty meal. Food in Goa is a vast treasure and is famous for seafood for Asian, French, Mediterranean and much more. Here a few restaurants for an easy guide.
BOMRA’S: It is a Burmese open-air restaurant which is famous for its exquisite food and unpretentious space amidst the serene beach environment and natural furniture. It’s famous for the sample of lah pet toke or the pickled green tea salad and also the lemongrass-infused boiled snapper; cashew nut encrusted pork belly etc.
THALASSA: It is one few Greek taverns of India, which is an open-air restaurant. Appetizers like Melitzanosalata, an eggplant dip, pork chops and spare ribs from the grill and much more for the foodies in store.
Goa’s Ark: This place is famous for the Moroccan style red snapper filet, the special Middle Eastern thali, baba ganoush, black lentils and many more salads is a great experience for everyone- families, couples, singles and even parties.
4. Black sheep bistro: For all the beer and non-vegetarian lovers, this is the best place to find a great collection of beers along with some amazing pork ribs. This place gives you a cozy feel to give you a home feeling of sitting on the couch and having fun.
5. Amavi: This is a great place with cuisines like international, grill, European, fusion and wine bar. This is one of those gluten-free food restaurants keeping a clear check on the nutrient value of food. The prices are affordable despite being a top-class restaurant, so don’t miss it.
6 Nireas: Healthy haven: An ultimate place for you to relax, unwind, work, read a book and of course having fun. This restaurant also has vegan and gluten-free food options available along with non-vegetarian varieties.
7. Go with the flow: This restaurant has a tranquil garden oasis on the quieter side of the Baga creek. It is famously known for an extensive collection of drinks and food that becomes favorite for the locals and the visitors too.
HOTELS IN GOA:
There are good hotels in Goa almost nearby to all the sight-seeing places and you can also have some amazing discount offers on various hotel booking websites. Some of the good hotels in Goa are –
- The Leela Goa: located at Mobor Cavelossim, Cavelossim, Goa, 403731.
- Ibis styles Goa Calangute – An Accor hotels brand: at Survey 166 7, Calangute, Goa.
- Taj fort Aguada resort and spa: at Sinquerim Bardez, Candolim, Go
- Capital O 8085 map5 village resort: at 12 Vithaldas Vado, Morjim, 403519, Baga, India.
- Hotel Park Prime Goa: near Patto Bridge, Opposite Pwd colony, 403001, Panaji, India.
- DoubleTree by Hilton Goa: at Arpora, 11.6km to Hotel Prime park Goa.
7. Alfred’s Jewel: at Anjuna, 11 km to Hotel prime park Goa.
8. Neptune Beach point Resort: at Palolem beach, Chauri, Goa
9. Little India Beach cottages: at Villa Goes a road, Calangute, Goa
10. Apart from all the above mentions hotels and resorts, there are several numbers of OYO rooms located at almost every sightseeing location for the visitors to stay by.
BEST ACTIVITIES IN GOA:
Goa’s exoticism makes an ideal holiday destination and alongside activities like water sports, scuba diving, snorkeling, cruise on the Mandovi river, naval aviation museum for the history lovers, jet ski ride, trekking at Dudhsagar falls, go-karting and lots of flea markets to shop by.
There’s a town called Vasco de Gama, a hub connecting various other beaches in Goa. Also, it has some amazing water sports like snorkeling, scuba diving, jet-skiing, parasailing and lots more. Goa is a perfect place for the adrenaline junkies, but also has a rich account of history and pride. Forts and museums and spice plantation are another attraction for the Goa lovers.
Goa is popularly known as the Miami of India, it doesn’t fail to thrill you all with its exquisite collection thrill and fun. What are you waiting for? Plan your vacation and don’t miss all these amazing experiences that you all ought to have.
Check out our special packages
Further Read: BUTTERFLY BEACH